The Federation of Citizens’ Associations of Ottawa (FCA), an umbrella organization of Ottawa community associations, has awarded their inaugural Award for Media Excellence to OSCAR contributor Ed Kucerak. The award was for “Excellence in-depth reporting on 2017 municipal/ neighbourhood issues”, and was given for a two-article report Ed wrote for the May 2017 OSCAR. The winning articles looked at the public consultation on Brewer Park’s renewal. The report, comprising two separate articles, included many photographs and interviews with both Councillor David Chernushenko and local residents.
The FCA (Federation of Citizens' Associations of Ottawa) will honour Old Ottawa South resident Ed Kucerak at the FCA AGM on June 20, 2018, in recognition of Ed Kucerak’s exemplary photography and reporting of Re-imagining Brewer Park - Overwhelming Turnout to Public Consultation on Brewer Park’s Future.
This year, forty years since OSCA started running programs in the then newly renovated Firehall, I am going to look back 40 years to each month’s OSCAR to see what was happening and what people felt was important in 1978.
Almost all OSCAR issues published since 1974 are available for download as PDF files.
The OSCAR receives no subsidies. The publication is funded entirely by advertising.
Content and advertising deadlines for 2018-2019 are as follows:
- August 17 (September 2018 issue)
- September 14 (October 2018 issue)
- October 12 (November 2018 issue)
- November 16 (December 2018 issue)
- December 14 (January 2019 issue)
- January 18 (February 2019 issue)
- February 15 (March 2019 issue)
- March 15 (April 2019 issue)
- April 12 (May 2019 issue)
- May 17 (June 2019 issue)
- June 14 (July/August 2019 issue)
- August 16 (September 2019 issue)