Job Description OSCA Administrative Support
Reporting to OSCA’s Executive Director, the OSCA Administrative Support position will assist in maintaining the administrative operations of OSCA.
The OSCA Admin Support staff person is expected to manage and complete diverse administrative tasks, including but not limited to: training and assisting Customer Service Reps at the front desk; serving clients when needed at the front desk; editing seasonal guides, assisting with editing and publication of program materials; inputting courses in the registration system; tracking registrations; sending notices to clients; cancelling programs once approved; issuing refunds; answering client emails and inquiries; updating staff and clients with regard to program changes and updates; assisting with registration needs on an ongoing basis; and running a variety of reports from the registration system.
● Standard First Aid, CPR C & AED
● Valid Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector)
● Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA) and IASR training, which can be found at http://accessforward.ca/front/customerService/
● IASR (Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation) Training, which can be found at http://ottawa.ca/en/city-hall/get-know-your-city/volunteering/other-volunteer-opportunities-city/iasr-training-volunteers
● Complete Health and Safety Awareness Training, which can be found at https://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/elearn/worker/index.php
● Education in related field combined with experience in a similar programming environment
● College or University degree in administration
- Registration database experience;
- Word, Excel and PPT experience;
- Exceptional administrative skill with high attention to detail;
- Excellent oral and written communication skill;
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skill;
- Proven ability to multitask in fast-paced environment with competing demands;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, especially with problem solving;
- Proven success working in a collaborative/team environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Contact instructors and follow up diligently on all details of course proposals each season.
- Create seasonal ‘cost estimator’ files and input all pertinent information (class dates, exception dates, fees, supply costs, room location etc.).
- Input text into draft of the guide for Executive Director to review.
- Assist the Executive Director and Communications Coordinator with editing final copies of the guide (grammar and spelling, dates/day/time, pricing, instructor’s names, descriptions etc.).
- Work regularly with the registration system to add courses, update, conduct transactions, troubleshoot, issue refunds, create lists as needed, etc.
- Assist with inputting courses into registration system.
- Track registrations in programs and update reports.
- Update critical path for cancellation or promotion of programs and inform key staff of deadlines.
- Assist with all aspects of cancellation of classes once approved.
- Assist with creation of class cancellations and schedule changes; share with OSCA and City staff and ensure the list is posted at the front desk.
- Confirm classes, start dates and exception dates with instructors and send reminders.
- Collect qualifications from instructors and update qualifications list. Flag inconsistencies to the Executive Director prior to the start of programs.
- Create attendance sheets.
- Update City statistic sheets with weekly attendance in programs.
- Assist with purchasing of supplies for all programs.
Volunteer Program Support/OSCA Membership Support
- Update and manage OSCA’s volunteer list.
- Update and manage OSCA’s membership list.
- Create and oversee the membership section on the OSCA website
- Update OSCA volunteer contact list.
- Update, track and assist with promotion of OSCA Association membership.
Evaluation and review of duties and pay: Annually
Hours/Duration of Work Term: 37.5 hours weekly Monday – Friday 8:30am-4:30pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break daily.
Salary: range $28,000-$35,000 annually
Probationary period: 3 months
Vacation time must be pre-approved by the Executive Director and is subject to operational requirements.
Three (3) weeks’ vacation per year, accumulated at 1.25 days per month.