There is a new mural on the side of the Mud Oven building at 1065 Bank Street.
Participate in the exhibition Fierce Passengers by artist Linda Sormin at Carleton University Art Gallery (CUAG)
A call to the Carleton community: You are invited to lend an object to the exhibition that conveys your experiences of change, transition, migration, or immigration: it could be something you’ve held onto throughout these experiences, or something that reminds you of your experiences of home or transition.
We want campers to design the cover of our 2018 Summer Camp Guide!
Contest Rules and Information:
1. Contestants must be under 14 years of age
2. Designs must be original
3. Submissions can be a photo, drawing, painting, or a computer-designed picture
4. Parents/guardians must submit the entries
4. If the submission is a drawing or painting, please either send it to the Firehall or drop it off at 260 Sunnyside Ave.
6. Don't forget to include the following with your submission:
- Contestant's name
- Phone number
- Parent/guardian name
7. Artwork will be featured in the camp guide, which is both printed and published online in early January.
*For parents and guardians, please note that by submitting artwork, you agree to let OSCA publish your children's artwork in the 2018 Summer Camp Guide.
*The winner's artwork will be featured on the front cover of our 2018 Summer Camp Guide and will receive 25% off a camp of their choice and a $25 gift card to Cineplex Theatres!
Recent paintings by Randy Cameron and John Bond are on display from October 5 'til November 30, 2017 at Life of Pie, 1134 Bank St.
Like rust, real passionate art never sleeps. One lives it always in every moment of the artist’s existence.
Living with cancer and after four major operations I have slowed down. Everything now takes me much longer to accomplish than before the illness. Despite that, creative work allows my life to have exceptional meaning. That meaning has given Helene Lacelle and I a very special 32 years that we’ve been together, immersed in the beauty of creative art that represents our life, our country, our community.