Registration for GLAD Cleaning the Capital is now open! Register your litter pickup or graffiti removal project by September 14, 2017 to be eligible to win an early-bird prize donated by generous sponsors.
How you can take part
- Pick your project site, your cleanup date (rain date too!), and time.
- Promote your project and gather your project team.
- Be sure to plan ahead for the proper disposal of compost, garbage, recycling, leaf-and-yard waste and any other hazardous items you may collect. Need assistance? Call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401).
- Cleaning the Capital is an ideal way for neighbours, family and friends to work together and clean up their neighbourhood.
- Fill out the online registration form or call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401) to register your project. If you need supplies, remember to request your project starter kit and to select your desired pickup location while registering.
The importance of registering: If you're cleaning up your neighbourhood or favourite green space, please register with us. People are encouraged to register in order to allow Cleaning the Capital organizers to distribute cleaning supplies, track the areas that have been cleaned, and recognize volunteer work.
What is Cleaning the Capital?
The GLAD Cleaning the Capital campaign is a citywide cleanup that occurs in the spring and fall of every year. Residents come together as a community and combine efforts to make our city clean and green. Litter pickup or graffiti removal projects must be registered, and participating teams, upon request, receive a cleanup starter kit to assist them with their projects. Participants who register their cleanups during the campaign’s early bird registration period and/or submit their on-line cleanup reports after their cleanup are eligible to win prizes donated by the campaign's generous sponsors.
This year marks the 24th year of the GLAD Cleaning the Capital campaign!