Cleaning the Capital is a city-wide cleanup campaign that occurs in the spring and fall every year. Residents come together as a community and combine efforts to make our city clean and green. Litter pickup or graffiti removal projects register with the City of Ottawa and participating teams, upon request, receive a cleanup starter kit to assist them with their projects.
How you can take part
- Pick your project site, your cleanup date (rain date too!), and time.
- Promote your project and gather your project team.
- Be sure to plan ahead for the proper disposal of compost, garbage, recycling, leaf-and-yard waste and any other hazardous items you may collect. Need assistance? Call 311.
- Cleaning the Capital is an ideal way for neighbours, family, and friends to work together and clean up their neighbourhood.
- Fill out the online registration form or call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401) to register your project. If you need supplies, remember to request your project starter kit and to select your desired pickup location while registering.
More details about Cleaning the Capital found on the City of Ottawa website.