OSCA Summer Camp Counsellor
Want to work with kids and have a ton of fun in the sun at the same time? If so, our Summer Camp position is perfect for you! The Summer Camp counsellor, as the employee of the Old Ottawa South Community Association (OSCA), is expected to assist in creating, organizing and instructing recreational camp programs for children and youth at the Firehall.
Requirements for Position
- Standard First Aid, CPR C & AED
- Valid Police Records Check
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA) and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (IASR) training completed
- Complete Worker Health and Safety Training
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong interest in working with children
- Energetic, yet patient, when dealing with youth
- Skilled in planning and organizing activities
- Is able to follow safety precautions when on site
- Is able to follow direction and policies, as well as interpret and implement performance feedback in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Regularly and accurately follow through with policies and procedures as expected, especially with regard to OSCA and the City of Ottawa’s health and safety policy which is clearly outlined in staff training and accessible to all staff.
- Regularly advises staff and supervisors of pertinent information
- Follow proper attendance and sign out procedures.
- Assist in planning and animating daily activities and ensuring supplies are sufficient.
- Ensure areas are properly cleaned at the end of the day.
- Follows proper discipline procedure which comprises timeouts and consequences only
- Ensure all discipline issues are communicated with the Camp Coordinators/Program Director
- Ensure all safety procedures – as outlined during staff training – are followed
- Ensure all accidents are properly reported
Starting rate: $13.15 - $14.00 per hour
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and an updated résumé to Sarah Cybulski at sarahc [AT] oldottawasouth [DOT] ca. Please note that due to the high volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.