16 Feb 2017
- Last Updated on 16 February 2017
Reporting to OSCA’s Executive Director and the Board the Coordinator will be responsible for the development and implementation of all aspects of OSCA’s new Brewer Park Art Show. Working chiefly with the Executive Director and Communications and Marketing Coordinator, the incumbent will work collaboratively while providing leadership in all aspects of the planning and coordination of the event.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: budget creation and oversight (ensuring a positive cash flow); sponsorship; volunteer and staff engagement; promotion; sponsorship; project creation and coordination, including timelines and regular follow up; venue booking; supplies lists; coordinating groups and schedules associated with the event.
The Coordinator is expected to work to increase corporate and individual sponsorship and build partnerships with local businesses, individuals and stakeholders.
- College or university degree in related field
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proven track record with event sponsorship development, creation, and oversite
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Superior ability to develop and maintain timelines and meet deadlines
- Experience working with Not for Profit organizations
- Social media and marketing knowledge
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Event planning, design and execution while managing all elements of project delivery within time limits
- Organizing facilities and details such as décor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, equipment, prizes etc.
- Onsite event management – executing each event to high standard
- Creating, preparing and distributing meeting minutes and supporting documentation
- Ensuring compliance with insurance, legal and health and safety requirements and law
- Monitoring event budgets and completing relevant paperwork and budget updates
- Assembling and carrying out detailed task lists and timelines
- Carrying out all pre, and post-event administration, including registration, follow-up communication and thank you’s to community partners, sponsors, volunteers etc.
- Responding to inquiries
- Providing regular updates to the Executive Director and Board especially during the weeks leading up to the event
- Conduct pre, and post event evaluation and report on outcomes
- Liaise with community members, businesses, Board and Committees to identify growth and sponsorship opportunities
- Ensure event meets OSCA’s mission and vision as well as key priorities and direction
Staff and Volunteer Engagement
- Recruit, hire and oversee volunteers and staff
- Specify staff and volunteer requirements and coordinate their activities
- Liaising with participants and organizations – arranging schedules, communiques for promotion, payment, etc.
Marketing and Sponsorship Development
- Responsible for all aspects of communications and marketing, including assembling (with the Communications and Marketing Coordinator) and delivering electronic newsletters and email blasts as well as marketing programs through social media. Additionally, ensuring timelines of marketing are set and followed
- Responsible for event sponsorship development with local Old Ottawa South businesses to raise funds to offset event costs
- To ensure consistent branding in line with OSCA’s mission, vision and direction
Pay $20-$25 hourly approximately 80 hours.
Performance bonus commensurate on net income.
Please note, we appreciate all applications however, only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Deadline to apply March 1, 2017.