Traffic and Safety
The Traffic and Safety Committee advises the Old Ottawa South Community Association (OSCA) on issues related to traffic & transportation and is the Board’s primary liaison with residents, the City, and other organizations.
What does the Traffic Committee do? Through a variety of activities the committee:
- Encourages community dialogue on traffic issues affecting OOS
- Monitors development proposals for conformity with principles and policies endorsed by the Board
- Recommends policy positions to OSCA, following community consultation, analysis, and discussions with the City and other stakeholders
The Traffic Committee meets monthly, the first Tuesday of every month at 6:45p.m.
Key issues on the committee’s agenda include:
- Sunnyside Avenue & Bank Street Safety Evaluation
- Lansdowne Monitoring and Operations Committee
- Main Street Renewal Working Group
- Sunnyside Avenue Traffic Calming & Green Streets Pilot
Do any of these topics interest you? Are you interested in doing more or would you like to share skills that could enhance these issues? Do you want to learn more about advocacy and/or lobbying? Do you want to engage in “greening” projects that will enhance your community and change driver behavior patterns? There is always room for more ideas and volunteers.