The Traffic and Safety Committee advises the OSCA Board on issues related to traffic and safety in Old Ottawa South and acts as the primary liaison between public bodies and the Board on these issues.
The Traffic and Safety Committee is responsible for:
- Encouraging community dialogue on traffic and safety issues affecting Old Ottawa South
- Recommending policy positions to the OSCA Board on traffic and safety issues, following community consultation, analysis, and discussions with public bodies, and other stakeholders
- Articulating OSCA’s views and positions through such documents as policy statements, principles, and making representations to the City and other public bodies
- Promoting the creation and adoption of formal, neighbourhood-specific policies related to traffic and safety, including measures to calm traffic
- Monitoring development proposals for conformity with principles and policies related to traffic and endorsed by the Board
- Facilitating the resolution of traffic and safety issues in the community
The Traffic Committee is accountable to the Board and will supply copies of its minutes, reports and other documents for monthly Board meetings and for posting on the OSCA web site as appropriate.
The Committee has the authority to:
- Review materials related to traffic, planning and development and other documents relevant to its purpose
- Draft a work plan for approval by the Board of Directors
- Meet regularly to implement the work plan, determine best practices relative to its work and report regularly to the Board
- Solicit the views and opinions of OSCA members and other community members on issues related to traffic and safety through public meetings, surveys, discussions and correspondence
- Meet with City officials, and other stakeholders representing OSCA’s position
- Make recommendations to the Board in relation to traffic policies, proposals, studies, and development plans in Old Ottawa South
- Make representations and presentations that articulate Board-adopted policies to the City of Ottawa and other public bodies as applicable
The Committee will be comprised of members of the Old Ottawa South Community Association. Ideally, the Committee will have no more than 10 members, and a minimum of 4 (excluding the Chair). The Chair may establish sub-committees as deemed necessary.
Chair: The Chair will be an OSCA Board member, appointed by the Board
Frequency of Meetings and Manner of Call: Monthly from September. Members will be advised by email from the Chair.
Quorum: 51% of the members entitled to vote
Reporting: Monthly to the Board
Date of last review: Nov 7, 2017