The past year was a very exciting one for the Web/IT committee. We successfully launched a new website for the Old Ottawa South Community Association at the same address www.oldottawasouth.ca. The new site has many new and improved features that allow for easy contribution by community members and OSCA board and volunteers, including:
- attractive home page with community news layout
- online program guide
- improved community events calendar
- improved e-newsletter with events and news
- photo gallery
- discussion forums
- OSCA association and board documents
- The OSCAR current and archived issues
- dedicated section for Ottawa South History Project
- sign up for OSCA membership
- volunteer hall of fame
- vastly improved administrator tools
- lots of potential for much more
The OSCA board approved an annual honorarium for the webmaster, thereby providing an incentive to retain a qualified, committed individual to keep the website technology humming along and to ensure backups and security are properly attended to. Local resident Chris Solar accepted the position.
The Web/IT committee appointed Gwen Gall as web editor to manage all the online content. The web editor reviews, edits and approves submissions of articles, events and photos, and provides training to community members and OSCA board and volunteers on contributing.
On behalf of the OSCA board I would like to thank Chris, Gwen and the other Web/IT committee volunteers including Kathy Krywicki and James Hunter, for all their hard work in making the new website a reality. We would also like to thank outgoing long time webmaster Robert Burr, who served for 10 years.