AGM Report 2009
Thanks to all OSCA VOLUNTEERS who helped to make OSCA’s special events so wonderful.
Last year’s events:
- 30th ANNIVERSARY PARTY IN BREWER PARK June, 2008 - a blowout party the likes of which Old Ottawa South has not seen. This all day event at Brewer Park featured various neighbourhood vendors selling a variety of foods, all day music, exhibitions by many firehall programs, giant bouncy castles, hot air balloon rides, cotton candy, the Cow Guys, Tony D, Another round, a beer tent and many ongoing games for the family. A huge event made possible by the many volunteers and sponsors. Thanks to all.
- PORCH SALE September, 2008 - not ideal weather, but brave folks both sold and bought. Thanks to those who gave OSCA 10% of their take.
- SAVOUR THE FLAVOUR - SPANISH STYLE - November , 2008
What a great night that was - food was amazing, music was wonderful - so good we had to make room for dancing - and the auction items were terrific - thanks to all who make this one of the best nights in OOS - the volunteers, the chefs, the businesses who donated auction items. Everyone had a good time and funds were raised for the Firehall Fund.
- SONGS, CIDER & SLEIGH RIDE December, 2008- No snow but its always fun to sing your way on a sleigh ride through the neighbourhood.
- WINTER CARNIVAL February, 2009 -The Winter Carnival at Windsor Park was a great success. Approximately 300 people participated in games, the infamous turkey toss, chilli conests, sleigh rides, raffles, while partaking in the free hotdogs, coffee and hot chocolate. May thanks to our sponsors Tracy Arnett, Starbucks, Kalidoscope Kids Books, Colleen Forer, Life of Pie, Quinn’s Ale House, Grace in the Kitchen, Mountain Equipment Co-op and Domus Café.
Special Events is an exciting group that offers a variety of ways to become involved in your community. We are always looking for new members on the committee, but if that is too time consumig why not volunteer to help run one event, or volunteer a few hours of your time for an event that interests you. We are open to new ideas - have an event that you think OOS needs - give us a call.