OSCA WORKING GROUP ON HUMAN RESOURCES
Terms of Reference
The OSCA Human Resources Working Group has been established by the OSCA Board to:
- Develop, for the Board’s approval, a comprehensive package of human resource policies and procedures for OSCA full time and part time staff that will form an appropriate basis for the effective management and development of OSCA’s staff.
- Develop, from time-to-time, other such human resource policies and procedures as directed by the Board for the Board’s approval.
- Engage, from time to time, such experts as it deems necessary, to assist the Working Group in its work in accordance with its approved budget.
The Human Resources Group shall comprise of a Chair and up to five individuals, all of whom must be members in good standing of the OSCA Board. The Chair and members of the Group are appointed by the Board on an annual basis.
The Group shall be assisted in its work by the Executive Director who shall also be the Group’s recording secretary.
Date approved by the Board: October 2016.
AGM 2016: Communications Committee Report
Communications committee advises the board and its committees on matters relating to communications, including the structures, budget, processes and tools used to by OSCA to implement an effective communications strategy
Committee members: Nick Galletti, Nicola Maule, Kathy Krywicki, Brendan McCoy, Chris Solar
Staff: Mike Schnier, Christy Savage
- Ensure timely and effective communication with the community about community issues and OSCA programs, initiatives and events.
- Provide advice and guidance on strategic communications
- Implement strategic priorities to improve OSCA’s communications
- Foster greater cohesion across the organization on communications
- Develop processes and tools to implement communications strategy
- Social Media
Facebook Monthly Reach: 9.7K accounts
Twitter Monthly Post Impressions: 36.4K
- MailChimp Newsletter
Managed mailing list, over 3000 subscribers
37% open rate (non-profits average 25%)
- Website improvements
Seeking quotes to upgrade website
to the latest version of Joomla
- Communications Strategy
Hired fulltime Communications Coordinator, Targeted Facebook Ads promoting programs
- Assist with promotion of New Online Registration System
Direct links to program registration pages,
Improved CRM features
Work with staff, volunteers, and stakeholders in the community to develop material for the website, email, social platforms and print to:
- Increase enrolment in OSCA’s programs and events.
- Increase awareness and support for OSCA’s mandate.
- Increase awareness on issues affecting the neighborhood.
- Demonstrate support for Old Ottawa South community’s events, businesses and initiatives.
- Increase the library of photos that OSCA can use to promote programs and events.
- Improve the oldottawasouth.ca website’s backend and design, as well as the existing content promoting OSCA’s programs, events, and mandate.
- Support The OSCAR Community Newspaper.
It was another great year for the OSCAR. Thanks to the great staff and volunteers!
This year we digitized the OSCAR archive of papers published from 1974 to 2005.
Thanks to John Bond, the OPL Ottawa Room and Brechin Imaging Services.
Soon over 40 years of local stories will be available online.
Brendan McCoy, Editor