Posted by: SWOOS
OSCA Senior Watch Old Ottawa South (SWOOS)
Terms of Reference 2020
Senior Watch Old Ottawa South:
- Advises the OSCA Board on issues related to senior residents in Old Ottawa South
- Acts as a liaison between community members, public bodies and the Board
- Increases awareness of resources available to seniors
- Informs the community and invites dialogue by various means, such as its monthly columns in the OSCAR, on OSCA’s Social Media listing it’s e-mail address, availability of an information binder at the Firehalls’s front desk
The objective of SWOOS is to address issues that concern seniors in Old Ottawa South
Current concerns include:
- (Intergenerational) Social connections in the community
- (Intergenerational) Housing
- Health and quality of life
SWOOS is accountable to the Board and will supply copies of its minutes, reports and other documents for monthly Board meetings and for posting on the OSCA website, as appropriate.
The Committee has the authority to:
- Review materials and documents relevant to its purpose
- Meet regularly
- Solicit the views and opinions of the Old Ottawa South Community on issues related to seniors
- Make recommendations to the Board on issues related to seniors living in Old Ottawa South
- Make representation and presentations on senior related issues that are consistent with OSCA objectives
Decisions will be made by voting. Agreement is required by 50% + 1 of voting committee members.
In the absence of a quorum at a meeting, important decisions will be made with an e-mail vote.
The SWOOS Committee will comprise of residents of Old Ottawa South.
The committee will have a minimum of 4 members, excluding the chair. A minimum of one member of the SWOOS Committee will be an OSCA board member, appointed by the Board
The committee may establish working groups as deemed necessary.
SWOOS welcomes adjunct SWOOS members, who are not serving on the Committee, but who want to be engaged in SWOOS activities. Adjunct members will be copied relevant e-mails.
Develop and implement a succession plan for the Committee Chair and the recruitment of Committee Members
Frequency of Meetings
Monthly: membership will be advised by e-mail from the Chair
Monthly to the Board
Date of Review
March 11, 2020