Posted by: IDEA Committee
Are you looking for the answers to the crossword featured in the July-August 2021 OSCAR? Here they are:
2. By advocating against the unequal treatment of members of various marginalized groups you are advocating against discrimination.
5. Promoting equality and fairness in outcomes describes equity.
7. Inclusivity describes the creation of an environment where everyone is welcomed, respected, valued, supported, and able to participate.
8. Lived experience is the gaining of knowledge from a direct first-hand experience.
9. By ensuring people of varying sexual, gender, racial, class, and other social identities are included, OSCA is promoting diversity.
1. By acknowledging the many aspects of a person’s identity that intersect, thus influencing their relationship to oppression, marginalization, and privilege, you are understanding intersectionality as a framework.
3. Accessibility is used as a measure of how simply a person can participate fully in an activity or environment.
4. If you possess an unearned social power, advantage, or immunity, based on your membership to a dominant group, you possess a privilege.
6. A microaggression is understood as an everyday verbal or non-verbal slight or insult that communicates a hostile or negative message to a targeted person based on their membership to a marginalized group.