The Communications Committee advises the Old Ottawa South Community Association (OSCA) on issues related to communications, including the structures, budget, processes and tools used by OSCA staff and volunteers to implement an effective communications strategy. On issues related to the information OSCA provides to the community, the Communications Committee is the Board’s primary liaison with residents, the City, and other organizations.
What does the Communications Committee do? Through a variety of activities the committee:
- Provides OSCA with advice and guidance on strategic communications;
- Ensures timely and effective communication with the community about community issues and OSCA programs, initiatives and events;
- Liaises with stakeholders on communications needs and priorities to foster greater cohesion across the organization.
Key issues on the committee’s agenda include:
- Updates to the oldottawasouth.ca website and OSCA’s social media presence;
- Promotion of upcoming community issues, OSCA programs, initiatives and events;
- Evaluating the performance of OSCA’s ongoing communications campaigns.
Do you have experience in communications, marketing, or web design, and would like to represent OSCA? Are you eager to learn and gain experience developing a non-profit association’s communications direction, strategy, and structure? Do you have suggestions for how we can make OSCA’s communications even better than they already are?
The Communications Committee has room around our table for new ideas and volunteers. The Communications Committee meets monthly, on the fourth Wednesday of each month at 6:30 pm. Comments and questions are welcome. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.