Your feedback is important to the work undertaken by this Working Group. We want to hear from you and incorporate your feedback into recommendations that will shape inclusivity and diversity within OSCA and the OOS community.
Diversity and Inclusion Working Group
OSCA recognizes its integral role within a diverse community. The Diversity and Inclusion Working Group was initiated to enlist multiple perspectives and experiences within the community of Old Ottawa South to inform OSCA’s active commitment to fair and equitable provision, implementation, and impact of services, programs and role within the community.
The goals of the working group are:
- to develop a policy statement for the OSCA,
- consult with community members, staff, volunteers on their experiences of discrimination within OSCA and the community, and their recommendations for increasing inclusivity and diversity within OSCA and the community,
- make recommendations based on best practices and community feedback,
- identify and recommend institutional changes that could be adopted to increase inclusivity and diversity within OSCA
- Present to the President and the OSCA board a final report containing recommendations by March 31, 2021.
We invite all members of the OOS community to engage with the Working Group members. It is the hope of the group that community members, volunteers, residents, workers, staff, instructors, and contractors will communicate their concerns and recommendations to the Working Group throughout the Fall and Winter. You can provide feedback to email@example.com.
The Old Ottawa South Community Association (OSCA) recognizes its dynamic role within the community. The Board of Directors of the OSCA approved in July 2020, the creation of a Diversity and Inclusion Working Group. The purpose of the Working Group is to engage multiple perspectives and experiences within the community of Old Ottawa South to inform the operationalization of OSCA’s active commitment to fair and equitable provision, implementation, and impact of services, programs and policies.