OSCA Finance Committee
2019-2020 Goals and Objectives- Board Update October 2019
1. Board educational pieces
- Scheduled for November
- Additionally, a series of short videos will be shared with the Board between presentations and Board meetings to contribute to ongoing educational messaging.
2. Dashboard Quarterly Reporting
- October- In late August the Finance Committee reviewed a draft presented by Christy. Final draft reviewed and approved for Board presentation in October.
- Next Dashboard report scheduled for December/January.
3. Alternative sources of funds
The Finance Committee will review initial options in three areas:
- -Sponsorship- The Finance Committee has been communicating with the Communications Committee who have requested we wait for the “Comms Plan” to be finalized before launching a Sponsorship Package. This will affect corporate sponsorship and feeds into the Community Fund soft re-launch.
- The Finance Committee will review options to create a shortened version (one page) of a basic event/gifts in kind sponsorship plan for a soft launch in the Fall. If there is anything to propose it will be brought to the Board for approval in the Winter.
- -Charity- to launch charity and determine a process to incorporate it into operations and ensure ongoing maintenance.
-Due to the lack of a Communications Coordinator and the Board hiatus during July and August the Executive approved hiring a comms professional to conduct a strategic launch with content creation over the Fall. Phase 1 of the soft re-launch of the Charity was implemented in August-September connected to the GCWCC Campaign. A report was presented to the Board in September. Phase 2 will be presented in October with a longer-term plan for the following November and December.
Winter to Fall 2020
a. Grants- to conduct an initial review of grant sources that OSCA could benefit from.
On schedule. The contract for the Community Fund soft re-launch includes a review of grant opportunities. Christy is also building a list of grant opportunities.