GOVERNANCE SPECIAL PROJECT / GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE
ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2019-2020 & OBJECTIVES FOR 2020-2021
Governance Special Project / Governance Committee Achievements – 2019/20
- Reviewed legislation governing not-for-profit corporations (“ONCA”), identified issues therein relevant to OSCA, and prepared preliminary report to Board.
- Monitored (ongoing) status of ONCA implementation.
- Reviewed OSCA By-laws and made recommendations to Board for amendment.
- Prepared for and conducted a full-day workshop for Board re same.
- Established three Working Groups to investigate specific governance issues relating to Records Maintenance, Membership, and the Community Fund.
- Prepared draft By-law amendments and reported to Board.
- Obtained Board approval to convert Governance Special Project to Governance Committee.
- Revised By-law amendments to reflect Board input, and resubmitted to Board for intended approval.
Governance Committee Objectives – 2020/21
- Obtain Board approval and subsequent AGM ratification in May 2020 of first round of By-law amendments.
- Continue monitoring status of ONCA implementation, and continue Working Group deliberations to inform a possible second round of By-law amendments (especially regarding membership issues) and / or changes in OSCA governance practice and procedures.
- Prepare and obtain Board approval of Governance Committee foundation documents (Terms of Reference, Workplan, etc).
- Coordinate with Nominations and Elections Committee to recruit volunteer members for the Governance Committee and its Working Groups.
- Review, revise and/or establish a Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest guidelines, fiduciary duty guidelines, and Community Fund trustee guidelines, for OSCA, its Board, employees and volunteers.
- Establish a succession plan for the Chair and Committee membership.
Staff and Financial Resources Needed for 2020/21
Executive Director and staff
- Assist with Working Group deliberations and information gathering.
Admin. - $200.00
Draft March 12, 2020