Role of the IDEA Committee:
The Committee of IDEA will act to advance inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility values within OSCA and the community of Old Ottawa South, and beyond as needed.
How the IDEA Committee works:
The Committee is led by a Chair of the Committee who is also a member of the OSCA board.
Together, the Committee oversees and guides the overall direction of the Committee in a collaborative manner, in accordance with the Committee’s values. The Committee will also work collaboratively with the OSCA board, staff and other OSCA committees, as well as externally with other community associations, academic institutions, NGOs, schools, and youth. The Committee will promote, educate, and advocate for IDEA values and aim to effectively and sustainably integrate them into the organization and community of Old Ottawa South.
The Committee meets monthly on the third Thursday of the month to discuss ideas and plan activities from approximately 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm. The meetings are also an opportunity to gather and exchange views and experiences of current events and relevant issues. All members of the community are welcome to attend the monthly meetings and committee members are encouraged to attend.
- To explore opportunities to host events that celebrate diverse perspectives.
- To raise awareness of IDEA values through OSCA publications including social media and the OSCAR, and by establishing a social media presence and cross-promote with current OSCA social media channels.
- To provide educational resources to increase values of diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility within the community and organization.
- To strengthen relationships, partnerships, and information sharing with other Ottawa community associations, academic institutions, and schools, including youth.
- To explore grant and funding opportunities and increase committee membership.