Posted by: Kathy Krywicki
For many years, the hill behind St. Margaret Mary Church was the meeting spot for intrepid tobogganers. The February 1983 OSCAR caught a snapshot of the fun.
To generations past, the slope down from Sunnyside Avenue known as Ray’s Hill, named for a coal merchant and local property owner C.C. Ray, was a popular place for sledding parties.
In 1913 the tract of land owned by C.C. Ray east of Bank Street in Ottawa South was split up and sold for housing lots.