Senior Watch Old Ottawa South
Minutes of 28 August 2019 Meeting
Present: Barbara Brown, Anna Cuylitis (chair), Christine Franklin, Maura Giuliani (minutes), Catherine Read Regrets: Helen Lynn
- Agenda approved
- Minutes approved, with minor corrections to be made by Barbara.
- Items for Updates & Discussion
- iGen bench to be installed in October
- Winter walkability app – still talking to Carleton. Peter working on development of app, including Hackathon in October
- Intergenerational social connections: iGen Ottawa is currently developing priorities, esp. connecting generations through volunteering – pairing schools and retirement homes. Several projects are underway, including those of Ottawa East Comm Health Ctr and the Glebe Centre. MG to check w/CCHC re activity.
- Trinity Program – Meals will start in September, on Thursdays. Catherine will attend and possibly report in November OSCAR.
- Housing: Anna and Terry met with Catherine McKenna on the 28th. The member suggested forwarding our material to the Minister for Seniors, with the notion of a pilot project.
- Ideas for future OSCAR columns
- Health issues are in limbo for the moment.
- October: follow-up on meeting with Minister McKenna
- November: exercise classes at the RA?
- Report on correspondence - the SWOOS gmail account is strangely quiet but does not need a new password.
- Next meeting: Wednesday, 2 October 2019