Senior Watch Old Ottawa South
Minutes of 20 May 2020 Meeting
Held on Zoom
Present: Anna Cuylits (chair), Christine Franklin, Sian Fitzgerald, Maura Giuliani (minutes), Catherine Read
Regrets: Barbara Brown , Niki DiVito, Helen Lynn
- Agenda: Agenda unchanged
- Minutes: Minutes for March and April approved
- Updates on Priorities:
- Walkability: There has been no answer from our Councillor’s office re moving the bus stops on Sunnyside but rerouting of the #7 from Grove to Sunnyside has been abandoned. The #7 bus will continue on Grove.
- (Intergenerational) Social Connections:
a. RSOOS initiative -- Trinity has gone ahead with their plan for meal deliveries. Anna has done training as a volunteer caller for non-parishioners.
b. READi investigation – Christine, Helen & Anna have met, along with Trinity and OSCA, with the 3 READi students. The proposal has focussed on social barriers for seniors. They are now working on questions that will explore connections or lack thereof.
c. Community Pillars – The churches all have outreach programs, including a telephone tree being run by Southminster as a support system. The library is offering programs for children and seniors. Anna hopes to meet on Zoom with reps of Southminster, Wesleyan & Trinity (perhaps the library and OSCA)
- Housing Results of the housing survey were reported in the May/June OSCAR in summary and in detail on the SWOOS web page. The Housing Group is composing a letter to respondents re the development at 1050 Bank.
- Future SWOOS columns: A proposed article by READi students was replaced by Ann’s report on Community Pillars meeting.
- Gmail report: Maura will discuss process for distributing letter on housing developments with Terry, using Chimp mail.
- Next meeting: 26 June 2020 at 3 pm via Zoom
Adjournment: 8:30 pm