The Community Outreach Support position consists of assisting OSCA staff and committee members with outreach to the Old Ottawa South community, especially those who may be in need or isolated, such as seniors. The Community Outreach Support is also expected to represent the philosophy and goals of OSCA in a responsible and professional manner as well as display flexibility, professionalism, and good leadership. The key responsibilities for this position would include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Promote the mission, vision, values and philosophy of OSCA to the community
- Assist OSCA Committees (Operations, Seniors, Communications) with liaising with community partners, businesses and others to ensure awareness of OSCA communications and initiatives.
- Assist with sharing pertinent information from community partners with OSCA Board and committees.
- Assist with creation of a community networking page on the OSCA Website.
- Help to identify programs and resources to support outreach activities and OSCA objectives.
- Help to ensure that outreach and communications initiatives of OSCA Committees are informative by engaging with OSCA Committees such as Seniors Watch Old Ottawa South, Traffic and Safety, and Planning and Zoning, as well as key community partners
- Perform outreach activities such as phone calls to seniors
- Participate in program planning and community initiatives.
- Provide input for development of strategic plans for OSCA moving forward with regard to community outreach. This will require attendance and participation in staff meetings and special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
This position is made possible trough the 2020 Canada Summer Jobs program, which has been extended into 2021.
Approximate Start Date/Finish Date: October 12-Feb 19 (not working the week of December 21- 25, 2020 and December 28-January 1, 2021)
Number of Weeks: 16
Estimated Hours Per Week: 17.5
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to: Christy Savage OSCA Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the position name in the subject line.
Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications, we are not able to give status updates. If you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within one week of submitting your application.