The City of Ottawa is recruiting volunteers to fill vacancies on a number of boards and committees. These volunteers can make a difference in the community by providing their expertise, knowledge, and professionalism.
Several positions are available:
- Accessibility Advisory Committee (*nine to 15 members)
- Arts, Culture, Heritage and Recreation Advisory Committee (*nine to 11 members)
- Built Heritage Sub-Committee (*three members)
- Committee of Adjustment (15 members)
- Environmental Stewardship Advisory Committee (*nine to 11 members)
- French Language Services Advisory Committee (*seven to 11 members)
- Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority (*three members)
- Mohr’s Landing / Quyon Port Authority (one member)
- Ottawa Board of Health (five members)
- Ottawa Police Services Board (one member)
- Ottawa Public Library Board (five members)
- Planning Advisory Committee (*12 members)
- Property Standards and License Appeals Committee (five members)
- Rideau Valley Conservation Authority (*five members)
- Shaw Centre Board of Directors (*two members)
- South Nation Conservation (*two members)
- Transit Commission (*four members)
*Subject to the term of Council governance review and/or the Nominating Committee process.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old and a resident of Ottawa. Employees of the City of Ottawa are not eligible.
Applicants are encouraged to review the recruitment information and apply online. Alternate application formats are available upon request. Applications must be submitted by Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 4:30 pm.
For more information on these positions and how to apply, an information session will be held on Thursday, November 29, 2018 from 6 pm to 8 pm at Ben Franklin Place at 101 Centrepointe Drive.