The City of Ottawa is hosting a public information session on road renewal in the northwest portion of Old Ottawa South, where the existing watermain, sanitary sewer, and road infrastructure has reached the end of its useful life and is in need of replacement/upgrading.This open house is an opportunity to review the design, ask questions, and provide comments on the proposed works.
The proposed work will involve the construction of new watermains and sanitary sewers along with full road reconstruction. House services will also be replaced up to the property line. Cycling lanes on Aylmer Avenue in the eastbound direction, and on Seneca Sreet in the southbound direction, will be implemented through pavement markings.
The City is planning construction activities from May 2018 to June 2020, with winter shut down periods from November to April.
Date/Time: Wednesday, 29 March 2017, 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Location : Southminster United Church, 15 Aylmer Ave.
The project area is predominantly bounded by Bronson Place. to the west, Colonel By Drive to the north, Seneca St. to the east and Sunnyside Avenue to the south. A three-block section along Seneca St. extends south to Grove Ave., and captures a section of Glen Avenue and Grove Avenue near the Brewer Arena.
The affected streets are:
- Aylmer Ave. (Bronson Pl. to Seneca St.) — cycling lane extends to Bank Street
- Carlyle Ave. (Woodbine Pl. to dead end)
- Colonel By Dr. (parkland, Carlyle Ave. to Fulton Ave.)
- Downing St. (Seneca St. to Carlyle Ave.)
- Fulton Ave. (Woodbine Pl. to Bronson Place)
- Glen Ave. (Seneca St. to Grove Ave. N/S)
- Grove Ave. N/S (Glen Ave. to Grove Ave. E/W-Brewer Arena)
- Pansy Ave. (Seneca St. to Carlyle Ave.)
- Seneca St. (Grove Ave. to Colonel By Dr.) — cycling lane extends to Cameron Avenue
- Woodbine Pl. (Fulton Ave. to Seneca St.)
For more information about this project, please visit ottawa.ca.