Winter 2020 registration will begin on Tuesday, November 19, 2019, at 9:00 a.m. The session features twenty-one lecture series, four writing workshops, and four language workshops.
These offerings will take place in two locations: Carleton University main campus, and the new Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre.
WINTER 2020 SESSION (January 8th – February 28th)
1. The Scientific Study of Sleep and Dreaming
2. The History of the Struggle for a Homeland in Judea/Israel and Palestine
3. A Brief History of Britain
4. History of the Guitar
5. Ottawology: A Critical Study of the Nation’s Capital
6. Art Appreciation: Renaissance to Romanticism (Daytime)
7. A Sample of Logical Fallacies
8. Introduction to Neurological Disease
9. Truth and Truthiness in an Age of Propaganda
10. A Global History of the Age of Oil: Past, Present, and Future
11. Introduction to Buddhism: A Religion or a Way of Life?
12. Film Music: The Sounds of Hollywood
13. Selected Themes in Viewing Art at the National Gallery (Morning)
14. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam in a Nutshell
15. France: 1914 Onwards
16. Selected Themes in Viewing Art at the National Gallery (Afternoon)
17. Art Appreciation: Renaissance to Romanticism (Evening)
18. Plagues to Pandemics: Understanding and Controlling Infectious Disease
19. Ecclesiastes and the Meaning of Life
20. Understanding Grief and Loss
21. Famous Artists of the Italian Renaissance
1. Writing the Stories of My Life: Remembering My Mother
2. The Personal Journal: A Springboard for Memoir
3. Writing the Stories of My Life: Remembering My Father
4. Stories From Our Lives: An Introduction to Memoir Writing
Lecturer biographies, class descriptions, locations, dates and times, and all other details can be found on the LinR website: carleton.ca/linr/classes.