OSCA staff have been working hard with the Operations Committee and the Board to develop an operational plan to open After 4. After weeks of planning, we have a detailed plan that was recently approved by the Operations Committee, the OSCA Board, and the City of Ottawa. The operation plan follows all procedures and requirements set by Ottawa Public Health.
We are proud to announce that we welcomed our first cohort back to the Firehall on Wednesday, September 16th! If you would like to register for a spot, we urge you to do so as soon as possible, allowing us to create the next cohort(s).
We want to share some of the key changes we've made to the way we will be operating After 4 in the Fall:
- Ratios of 1 staff member to 6 kids for kindergarten and a ratio of 1:8 for all other ages. Both ratios exceed those that are recommended. For comparison, the City of Ottawa ratios are 1:8 and 1:10, respectively.
- Senior staff - coordinators and the Executive Director - will all be working in After 4 providing additional support and oversight.
- Each group will have their own separate space, separate entrance, separate storage, and separate washroom. In other words, cohorts and staff will never interact with each other or share space.
- Increased cleaning protocols.
- Groups will be formed based on existing school and/or family cohorts.
- Increased at-home programming options with video-on-demand for those who may miss a day.
- Supplemental programming in case of a forced closure.
Please note that the total number of spots will be very limited.
The cost of the After 4 program will be $295/month for October to December. Registration will require a commitment for the full Fall session and refunds will not be granted.
Registration is open and you can register here. Please note that registration confirmation does not mean the After 4 spot is confirmed. Groups will be formed based on existing school and family cohorts so we ask for your patience while we process registrations.