At OSCA, we have put together several spooktacular activities this Halloween. We know this Halloween will be far from a traditional one and we hope that you and your family will find some devilish delight in the activities we have planned.
All Hallow's Eve is fast approaching and we're getting in the festive spirit! From October 23rd to 30th, we'll be hosting a myriad of fun social-distance-appropriate activities.
Take Your Picture in Front of Our Spooky Backdrop & Join Our Contest
- The Firehall front porch (directly off of Sunnyside Avenue) will be transformed into a spooky backdrop perfect for taking photos of kids in their costumes, starting on October 23rd! Come by day or night to snap some photos, bearing in mind to keep your social distance from others.
- Porch/yard spooktacular decorating contest! Ghoulify your property, snap a photo, and e-mail it to email@example.com. Send in your pictures by noon on Friday October 30th. The best picture will earn bragging rights, as well as a $50 gift card and t-shirt from The Belmont! Be sure to include your address when submitting it!
Make your own Boo Bags
Halloween Boo Bag workshop—"Boo!" your friends, families and neighbours! Instead of trick-or-treating this year consider making Boo Bags for your family, friends and neighbours. Add your own special treats to your bag to bring a delightful scare to your friends and family while adding your own personal touch to the design! For $7 you get the materials needed to make two boo bags, our Halloween House and Frankenstein's hair bag. Additional bags can be added for $1/bag. You also will receive a link to a pre-recorded mini-workshop. Sign up now to access the video and watch Katherine as she guides you through the steps to create your spooktacular loot bags.
Craft with Us
We have put together a collection of Halloween crafts to do from home. Our crafts include most of the supplies needed but things like scissors and glue will be needed from home (we've collected the hard to get things though don't worry). We will coordinate the pick up of these supplies with you. Any of those wishing to do crafts on Halloween day, please ensure you have signed up by Friday, October 30th, at noon. These crafts are all available now!
- Do you want to have the best looking Halloween themed door in the city? We have just the thing for you. A spooktacular door decor workshop to get your home ready for the big night. Make your very own spooky Halloween themed wreath. All supplies are included! Limited quantities remain. Check out our Instagram post (if you dare) to see just how spooky our Halloween wreath is!
- Halloween craft packs for preschool-age and school-age children. We assembled several smaller age-appropriate crafts into a craft pack bundle. In the preschool craft pack, you will create a mummy, ghost, bat, witch, and jack-o-lantern. In the school-age pack, you will create a mummy candle holder, tin can windsock, garbage bag spider web, and a witch boo bag. All supplies are included. We will provide you with pre-recorded step by step guides on how to create your spooky masterpieces with commentary from Katherine. Go here to purchase your craft pack.
- The Great Pumpkin craft. Create your very own pumpkin with Darcy. Check out the tutorial video below. Purchase our supply kit here!
Halloween Video Projections at the Firehall
A video loop of Halloween images will be projected on the large window of Michael Jenkin Hall at the Firehall! This evening Halloween "show" is courtesy of local resident Mark MacDonald who has volunteered his time and equipment to make this happen!
The Great Pumpkin
Visits from the Great Pumpkin-Inspired by Linus' faith in the supernatural in "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," families are encouraged to host a visit from the Great Pumpkin. Hide candy or small toys around your own property (or indoors) and have your children search for them like an Easter egg hunt. A great alternative to trick-or-treating if the City decides it's not allowed, and a supplemental activity otherwise!
This page will be updated with further details as they become available. Keep checking back!