The Program & Administration Assistant position consists of supporting OSCA staff and committee members with overall administrative support in operations and tasks. The Program and Administration Assistant is also expected to represent the philosophy and goals of OSCA in a responsible and professional manner as well as display flexibility, professionalism and good leadership. The key responsibilities for this position would include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Participate in policy development for programming and operations, especially with respect to new requirements put forth due to COVID-19.
- Help to develop virtual programs and virtual programming strategies
- Assist with the creation of attendance/medical sheets for instructors and other tracking sheets for operations.
- Assist with communicating program updates and important information to clients and answering questions either via email or phone.
- Assist Programming and Administrative staff to create a comprehensive strategy to fully transition OSCA’s registration capabilities to a new software system. This will include assisting with “how-to” manuals, answering client questions, and overall support for the administrative staff.
- Collect and maintain inventory of office, first aid, health and safety (e.g., personal protective equipment), and programming supplies.
- Assist programming staff with appropriately cleaning all program areas and putting supplies away at the end of programs.
- Assist program instructors as needed, especially with regard to running virtual programs.
- Assist clients with technological support, including how to access any virtual programs that OSCA may offer.
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
This position is made possible trough the 2020 Canada Summer Jobs program, which has been extended into 2021.
Approximate Start Date/Finish Date: October 12-Feb 19 (not working the week of December 21- 25, 2020 and December 28-January 1, 2021)
Number of Weeks: 16
Estimated Hours Per Week: 17.5
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to: Christy Savage OSCA Executive Director at email@example.com
Please indicate the position name in the subject line.
Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications, we are not able to give status updates. If you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within one week of submitting your application.