The Communications Support position consists of assisting OSCA staff and committee members with the creation of communications content for our website, social media channels, and other platforms used for information dissemination. The Communications Support is also expected to represent the philosophy and goals of OSCA in a responsible and professional manner as well as display flexibility, professionalism and good leadership. The key responsibilities for this position would include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Assist with promoting the mission, vision, values and philosophy of OSCA within the community.
- Assist with promoting programming and events within the community.
- Working closely with the Communications Coordinator assists with creating content, articles and promotional ads for OSCA’s communications platforms including social media, website and the newspaper.
- Regularly create posts for social media channels that promote programs, committee initiatives and community information. This includes but is not limited to special events and other ‘happenings’ at OSCA and in the community.
- Assist our Communications Committee with adding content to a “photo bank” for print and electronic media by ensuring photos are: taken at events and during programs, collected and kept on file, and used (with express permission for use from individuals, or in case of children, parents) in social media promotions and postings. Note that a photography background is not necessary.
- Assist with the creation of a monthly ad for the local community newspaper.
- Assist with editing content for publication.
- Work with the Communications Coordinator (with additional guidance from our Web Editor and Web Administrator) to assist, where necessary, with the creation and updating of web content.
- Create emails using programs such as Constant Contact and Mailchimp with OSCA branding for promotion of programs, events, committee initiatives and items of interest to the community.
- Post minutes, documents, schedules, events, articles and other important items to the OSCA website under the guidance of the Web Administrator and Web Editor.
- Help with engagement and increase social media presence with community partners, businesses and others.
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
This position is made possible trough the 2020 Canada Summer Jobs program, which has been extended into 2021.
Approximate Start Date/Finish Date: October 12-Feb 19 (not working the week of December 21- 25, 2020 and December 28-January 1, 2021)
Number of Weeks: 16
Estimated Hours Per Week: 17.5
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to: Christy Savage OSCA Executive Director at email@example.com
Please indicate the position name in the subject line.
Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications, we are not able to give status updates. If you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within one week of submitting your application.