Reporting to OSCA’s Preschool and Child Program Coordinator for general job requirements and day-to-day operations, the After-Four Program Support is expected to assist with the coordination of the daily operations of the After-Four program.
The After-Four Program Support is expected to promote effective communication among: staff, OSCA administration, and clients. The After-Four Support is expected to represent the philosophy and goals of OSCA in a responsible and professional manner as well as display flexibility, professionalism and good leadership. General responsibilities for this position will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Regularly and accurately follow through with policies and procedures as expected, especially with regard to OSCA and the City of Ottawa’s health and safety policy which is clearly outlined in staff training and accessible to all staff.
- Regularly reads and contributes to training materials and advises staff and supervisors of pertinent information.
- Follow proper attendance and sign out procedures.
- Assists in planning and animating daily activities that are age appropriate and ensures supplies are sufficient.
- Ensures areas are properly cleaned at the end of the day according to cleaning procedures.
- Follows proper discipline procedure which comprises time outs and consequences only.
- Ensures all discipline issues are communicated with the After Four Coordinator.
- Ensures all safety procedures, as outlined during staff training, are followed.
- Ensures all accidents are properly reported.
- Maintains confidentiality in compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
This position is made possible trough the 2020 Canada Summer Jobs program, which has been extended into 2021.
Approximate Start Date/Finish Date: October 12-Feb 19 (not working the week of December 21- 25, 2020 and December 28-January 1, 2021)
Number of Weeks: 16
Estimated Hours Per Week: 17.5
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to: Christy Savage OSCA Executive Director at email@example.com
Please indicate the position name in the subject line.
Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications, we are not able to give status updates. If you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within one week of submitting your application.