The Distribution Manager accepts monthly delivery of 4,300 bundled copies of OSCAR and manages delivery of the paper to all OOS households, selected businesses, and institutions. They do so by managing a team of area captains and volunteer carriers.
The Federation of Citizens’ Associations of Ottawa (FCA), an umbrella organization of Ottawa community associations, has awarded their inaugural Award for Media Excellence to OSCAR contributor Ed Kucerak. The award was for “Excellence in-depth reporting on 2017 municipal/ neighbourhood issues”, and was given for a two-article report Ed wrote for the May 2017 OSCAR. The winning articles looked at the public consultation on Brewer Park’s renewal. The report, comprising two separate articles, included many photographs and interviews with both Councillor David Chernushenko and local residents.
The FCA (Federation of Citizens' Associations of Ottawa) will honour Old Ottawa South resident Ed Kucerak at the FCA AGM on June 20, 2018, in recognition of Ed Kucerak’s exemplary photography and reporting of Re-imagining Brewer Park - Overwhelming Turnout to Public Consultation on Brewer Park’s Future.
Almost all OSCAR issues published since 1974 are available for download as PDF files.
The OSCAR receives no subsidies. The publication is funded entirely by advertising.
Content and advertising deadlines for 2019-2020 are as follows:
- August 16 (September 2019 issue)
- September 13 (October 2019 issue)
- October 18 (November 2019 issue)
- November 15 (December 2019 issue)
- December 13 (January 2020 issue)
- January 17 (February 2020 issue)
- February 14 (March 2020 issue)
- March 20 (April 2020 issue)
- April 17 (May 2020 issue)
- May 15 (June 2020 issue)
- June 12 (July/August 2020 issue)
- August 14 (September 2020 issue)