Please be advised that the Senior Watch Old Ottawa South (SWOOS) meeting that was previously scheduled to take place on Wednesday, September 25th, has been rescheduled to Wednesday, October 2nd, from 7:00-9:00PM. Members of the public are invited to attend the meeting & give their feedback on how we can make Ottawa South a more senior-friendly place to live.
People in Old Ottawa South are certainly keen supporters of their community and there is lots of evidence from the past to support that claim. Perhaps the most memorable example was how people here stepped up and worked hard to fund-raise, and lobby for, the renovation and expansion of our community centre a decade ago.
The Government of Canada Workplace Charitable Campaign (GCWCC) helps to provide financial support to many important Canadian charities across the country.
Through the GCWCC, federal employees, retirees, current and former members of the Canadian Armed Forces and the RCMP support United Way's / Centraide's Health Partners as well as other registered Canadian charities of their choosing.
From September to December, you can choose to donate to your community association through the Old Ottawa South Community Fund.
Donating is safe, simple and secure.
Donations can be made via payroll deductions, cash, cheque, credit card or PayPal. Use the online ePledge tool or a paper-based pledge form.
Federal employees can donate by filling out the donation form.
- If someone has donated to the charity organisation for the last 3-5 years, it can be found through the keyword search;
- If not, donors can find the charity organisation through the list of registered charities, or fill out the information for “The Old Ottawa South Community Fund”;
THE OLD OTTAWA SOUTH CHARITY FUND
Charity status: Registered
Effective date of status: 1999-05-18
Designation: Charitable organization
Or, in Section #5 of the donation form, donors may fill out the following information: “The Old Ottawa South Community Fund”.
Federal retirees can now donate online with ePledge or via email/mail with the paper pledge.
- Federal retirees can now give online through ePledge:
- This is a simple, safe and secure way to make a donation. You can give via pension deduction, credit card or PayPal. To make your online donation via ePledge Click here.
Or you can make your donation with the paper pledge form online:
- Gift form: 2018-2019 GCWCC retires gift form
- In section # 3 OTHER CANADIAN REGISTERED CHARITIES, fill out the following information: “The Old Ottawa South Community Fund” registration # 896669520 RR 0001.
- Mail your completed form to:
363 Coventry Road
Ottawa ON K1K 2C5
Welcome to the 25th anniversary year of the Old Ottawa South Garden Club. Attached is a copy of our exciting program for 2019-20.
The City of Ottawa is updating its by-laws to protect urban forests. And there's still time to share your ideas for a greener city.
The City of Ottawa recently retained Maclaren Municipal Consulting to identify policy options that can be considered to deal with housing issues in the area. MMC has just published two policy options papers on ottawa.ca and are asking for residents feedback/recommendations before finalizing their report.
A fixture in Old Ottawa South for the last 20 years the Westboro Academy is on the move. Located in the City of Ottawa’s former training centre building in Brewer Park, in mid-August the school is moving to 1000 Brookfield Road, a former French Catholic elementary school, near Bank and Heron.
Don’t miss the neighbourhood’s hottest summer comedy “For Love or Money,” by Kate Jaimet, presented on Sunday, August 18th at the Ottawa Tennis & Lawn Bowling Club.