OSCA PLANNING & ZONING COMMITTEE
ACCOMPLISHMENTS 2019-2020 & FURTHER OBJECTIVES 2020-2021
• Supported existing OOS Bylaws through reviews of Committee of Adjustment and Zoning Bylaw Amendment Applications in our neighbourhood
• Worked on Immediate Zoning Application Issues Affecting the Wider Community
o 1050-1060 Bank Street
o 860 Colonel By Drive
o 26 Aylmer
• Worked with other Community Associations
o Glebe Community Association Bank Street Study & Lansdowne
o Old Ottawa East Community Association Secondary Plan Changes
• Worked with the Federation of Citizen Associations
o Salvation Army, Kanata Lakes, Chateau Laurier
o Review of Planning Committee and Council Decisions
o Member of FCA Working Group on Ottawa’s New Official Plan
o Infill 1 & 2 and R4 changes
• Worked on Resident Toolkit ideas as time permitted
• Increased community engagement: OSCAR, Between the Bridges, social.
• Continuing support of our Community’s Existing Zoning Bylaws by reviewing Zoning Appli-cations to help foster good fit infills and developments in the wider neighbourhood
• Reviewing of Planning Committee/ Council Decisions that affect our Community
• Review Official Plan draft policies in general and as they affect our community specifically
• Communicate OP draft review changes to residents and encourage participation in review and comment process
• Complete Resident Toolkit
• Continue working with FCA on city-wide issues affecting all communities
ESTIMATED RESOURCE BUDGET 2020-2021
• P&Z estimates that Christy and OSCA staff spent approximately 20 hours in 2019-2020 helping Planning & Zoning initiatives become realities.
• Given the additional work envisioned as the New Official Plan is drafted and presented for comment, P&Z would like to request a budget of 30 staff hours for 2020-2021if possible.
• P&Z spent approximately $500.00 on expenses related to application review and Commit-tee of Adjustment /LPAT submissions during 2019-2020.
• P&Z requests a budget of $600.00 in committee expenses during 2020-2021.