OSCA offers a wide-range of adult programming from yoga, Pilates, and sports, to pottery, painting, and Latin dancing.
Registration for all adult virtual programs is now open!
All Access Fitness Pass
We are excited to offer a brand new fitness pass that gives you the flexibility & convenience of joining any of our fitness offerings for one monthly fee. The All-Access Fitness Pass allows you to drop into any fitness class of your choice. Pass holders may reserve their space for up to one month in advance. With this pass, you no longer are required to commit to one class for a full session but can mix-and-match as you like!
We will be offering Memberships in three tiers, allows clients to choose the one that best suits their needs. For the Fall Session, the Fitness Membership runs from October 1st until December 31st. See below for more details.
$60 monthly, paid on the first of the month until December 31st
- Full access to all online programs and video on demand.
- Access to add on specials and one-time fitness events.
- Will include onsite programming when OSCA moves our core fitness programs onsite in mid-late October. Spaced will be limited! Priority will be given to fitness members and registered clients on a first come first serve basis.
- Free Firehall Fitness Centre (FFC) orientation when the Fitness Centre reopens!
$30 monthly, paid on the first of the month until December 31st
- Access a full suite of online class recordings.
- Access any time during the session October 5 - December 31, 2020
- Note: approximately 12 core fitness classes will be included.
- Classes will be recorded 1-2 times per session giving access to approximately 12-24 classes throughout the session.
$65 for five drop-ins. Paid one time.
- For those who want to continue to benefit from our popular drop-in pass, you can still access any of our 12 online fitness classes up to five times.
General rules and regulations
- Fees for Tiers 1 & 2 are paid monthly with pre-payment.
- All classes are included. We may add classes in the Fall session that are not included. Please check our All-Access Pass schedule for the most up-to-date list of eligible classes.
- Memberships include onsite attendance once programs are opened to the public once again on a first come first serve basis.
- To confirm your spot in the class (virtually or in-person) you can drop into the classes online up to one month in advance!
Check out our schedule to see all of our available classes.
How to Drop-In to a class
1. First, open our Amilia store and log in to your account (you will need to create an account if you do not already have one. See "How To Create Your Account" above for detailed instructions).
2. Then, navigate to the activity you wish to drop into (See "How To Register" above for details on how to browse programs).
3. Once you've found the class you wish to join, click on the “Drop-In” option with the calendar icon. This will bring you to the class calendar.
4. Choose the date you wish to drop-in from the class calendar (note: if you haven’t logged in yet, a log-in prompt will display when a date is chosen)
5. a) If you have purchased an All-Access Fitness Pass, you will be prompted to use it for this transaction. Click on the ticket stub button under "Use a multipass".
Then simply click "Continue" to finalize the process.
5. b) If you have not purchased an All-Access Fitness Pass, you'll see the following window. Click the icon beside the name of the person you'd like to drop in. This will add the drop-in to your cart for $15.00 and you can then Checkout. (For more details on the Checkout process, see the "How To Register" section on this page.)
6. Once the process is complete, you have been added as a drop-in for that particular class and our automated system will send you the Zoom information a few hours prior to the class start.
Firehall Fitness Centre
We are excited to reopen our Fitness Centre. As of right now, we do not have a definitive re-opening date. We will be contacting all of our current Firehall Fitness Centre to let them know how to sign up in our new registration system and set up their new FFC memberships. We will be extending all memberships to make up for all of the lost time. We hope to be in contact soon with good news!
At the Firehall Fitness Centre, we provide access to cardiovascular exercise machines, free weights, and resistance bands in a quiet, welcoming environment.
Our fitness centre is ideal for:
- People of all fitness levels.
- Runners looking to stay fit and work on strength training.
- Parents of children in OSCA programs.
- Seniors and retirees
- People who work from home
Firehall Fitness Centre Fall Hours
- Membership is open to adults 18 years of age and older. Youth who are 16-17 years of age are also welcome to register with parental signature on the FFC waiver, available at the front desk.
- All new members are required to sign up for a free orientation session with one of our certified personal trainers who will guide you through proper safety procedures and use of the equipment at the fitness centre.
- Only Ottawa South Community Association Personal Trainers are permitted to conduct personal training sessions in the FFC.
- Please refrain from applying perfumes or scented products.
- Please wear indoor running shoes.
- The Firehall Fitness Centre is operated by OSCA and is independent from the City of Ottawa fitness centre memberships.
Firehall Fitness Centre equipment
- Five Treadmills
- Three Elliptical Trainers
- Two Recumbent Bikes
- Two Upright Bikes
- Rowing Machine
- Free Weights
- Stretching Area
- Dual Action Pulley System
From Fall to Spring we traditionally offer recreational level basketball, volleyball, and badminton for adults to play on weeknights at Hopewell Avenue Public School. Players of all skill levels are welcome to participate. Whether you’re hoping to hone your skills or build new ones, make new friends, be physically active, or just have fun, our adult sports courses should be a perfect fit!
Until further notice, we will not be offering adult sports programs. As soon as we can safely offer these programs we will add them back into our regular lineup.
OSCA offers pottery studio memberships. Memberships are available to those with previous pottery experience. Membership includes a storage shelf, use of pottery facilities, equipment, glaze materials, and firing for projects created in the studio. Complete studio hours are posted in the Firehall Pottery Studio. Clay costs are additional for adult courses and memberships. OSCA also offers adult pottery courses ranging from wheel-throwing to hand-building that are guided by our experienced instructors.
We hope to be able to open the pottery studio in the Fall. We will reach out to all past pottery studio members and update this page with further details as soon as we can reopen the studio safely.
Registration Information & Policies
In order to register for our programs, you must first have an Amilia account. For help setting up an account check out this short guide.
- Online registration payment can be made by credit card.
- In-person registration payment can be made by contactless debit or credit card.
- Adult Programs include 13% HST in the price.
Program dates are listed above each course outline. Please note the dates when you register, as we do not contact participants prior to the start of classes. If you are a fitness pass-holder you can drop into any of our available fitness classes up to one month in advance. Indoor spaces are first come first serve.
Allergies & Health Concerns
Please help us reduce the risk to participants with life-threatening allergies to nuts. Our programs are nut-free!
On occasion, classes are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (sick instructor, inclement weather etc). We try to make up these classes, but it is not always possible for us to do so. Credits will be issued when classes are not made up. If we a virtual option for you we will do out best to offer a pre-recorded class or similar virtual class to make up for anything missed.
Questions? See our registration help and FAQs.