OSCA offers a wide-range of adult programming from yoga, Pilates, and sports, to pottery, painting, and dancing.
Group Fitness Membership
We are very excited to introduce a brand new feature to our Health & Fitness Programming: OSCA's Group Fitness Membership!
We are offering a membership that covers entry into all of our fitness classes. The current membership period runs from March 1st through April 30th.
$67.50/monthly or $135/session
- Entry into all fitness classes
- Access to add on specials and one-time fitness events.
- Zoom recordings sent after the class. Available to you until the next Zoom class.
General rules and regulations
- Use the membership to drop into as many classes as you like. There is no limit to the number of classes you can attend.
- To receive the Zoom link to attend the live class and to receive the recorded version of the class you must drop yourself into the class each week.
- Recordings of the Zoom class are of the instructor only. No video of the participants will be recorded.
- While programs remain virtual there is no limit to how far out you can drop into a class. This means if you wish to drop yourself into the full session you are welcome to do so.
- Classes in the schedule are guaranteed to run for the full session. We may need to cancel the odd class due to instructor illness or technical difficulties but we will do everything to ensure the class can run before cancelling a week.
How do I use the membership?
To use the membership you first must ensure you have purchased the membership. You can purchase the membership online here. Once the membership is on your account you can view our fitness schedule online here. From the schedule you can click on any class you wish to drop into and the system will prompt you along.
What do I do if my membership is not working?
Contact us at email@example.com. Let us know which class you wish to drop into and we can help you!
Can someone help me sign up for the membership and help me drop in?
Yes. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance, or contact us by phone between 10 AM - 4 PM at 613-247-4946,
How do I receive a Zoom link?
To receive the Zoom link you must drop yourself into the class each week. Zoom links are sent out 2 hours before the start of the class. For example, if your class starts at 10 AM you will receive an email at 8 AM on the same day. You can whitelist email@example.com to ensure your email does not flag our emails as spam. If you do not have the link after the 2-hour cut off, please check your spam/junk folder and your promotions folder or tab. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-247-4946 (between 10 AM - 4 PM) and we can help you get into your class virtually.
What do I do if I do not receive a Zoom link?
You can whitelist email@example.com to ensure your email does not flag our emails as spam. If you do not have the link after the 2-hour cut off, please check your spam/junk folder and your promotions folder or tab. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-247-4946 (between 10 AM - 4 PM) and we can help you get into your class virtually. If you are using a sympatico.ca email address we recommend trying a different email if you experience consistent issues.
I see the class online but I cannot click it and cannot drop-in, what do I do?
If you see your class grayed out in the schedule online this means the registration period has passed. Registration cuts off 2 hours before the start of the class. You can email us at email@example.com to see if we are able to get you the link in time. If it is too close to the start time we may not be able to get you into the class, but we can ensure you receive the recorded version.
How to Drop-In to a class
1. First, open our Amilia store and log in to your account (you will need to create an account if you do not already have one. See "How To Create Your Account" above for detailed instructions).
2. Then, navigate to the activity you wish to drop into (See "How To Register" above for details on how to browse programs).
3. Once you've found the class you wish to join, click on the “Drop-In” option with the calendar icon. This will bring you to the class calendar.
4. Choose the date you wish to drop-in from the class calendar (note: if you haven’t logged in yet, a log-in prompt will display when a date is chosen)
5. a) If you have purchased an All-Access Fitness Pass, you will be prompted to use it for this transaction. Click on the ticket stub button under "Use a multipass".
Then simply click "Continue" to finalize the process.
5. b) If you have not purchased an All-Access Fitness Pass, you'll see the following window. Click the icon beside the name of the person you'd like to drop in. This will add the drop-in to your cart for $15.00 and you can then Checkout. (For more details on the Checkout process, see the "How To Register" section on this page.)
6. Once the process is complete, you have been added as a drop-in for that particular class and our automated system will send you the Zoom information a few hours prior to the class start.
Firehall Fitness Centre
We are excited to reopen our Fitness Centre. As of right now, we do not have a definitive re-opening date. We will be contacting all of our current Firehall Fitness Centre to let them know how to sign up in our new registration system and set up their new FFC memberships. We will be extending all memberships to make up for all of the lost time. We hope to be in contact soon with good news!
At the Firehall Fitness Centre, we provide access to cardiovascular exercise machines, free weights, and resistance bands in a quiet, welcoming environment.
Our fitness centre is ideal for:
- People of all fitness levels.
- Runners looking to stay fit and work on strength training.
- Parents of children in OSCA programs.
- Seniors and retirees
- People who work from home
Firehall Fitness Centre Fall Hours
- Membership is open to adults 18 years of age and older. Youth who are 16-17 years of age are also welcome to register with parental signature on the FFC waiver, available at the front desk.
- All new members are required to sign up for a free orientation session with one of our certified personal trainers who will guide you through proper safety procedures and use of the equipment at the fitness centre.
- Only Ottawa South Community Association Personal Trainers are permitted to conduct personal training sessions in the FFC.
- Please refrain from applying perfumes or scented products.
- Please wear indoor running shoes.
- The Firehall Fitness Centre is operated by OSCA and is independent from the City of Ottawa fitness centre memberships.
Firehall Fitness Centre equipment
- Five Treadmills
- Three Elliptical Trainers
- Two Recumbent Bikes
- Two Upright Bikes
- Rowing Machine
- Free Weights
- Stretching Area
- Dual Action Pulley System
From Fall to Spring we traditionally offer recreational level basketball, volleyball, and badminton for adults to play on weeknights at Hopewell Avenue Public School. Players of all skill levels are welcome to participate. Whether you’re hoping to hone your skills or build new ones, make new friends, be physically active, or just have fun, our adult sports courses should be a perfect fit!
Until further notice, we will not be offering adult sports programs. As soon as we can safely offer these programs we will add them back into our regular lineup.
OSCA offers pottery studio memberships. Memberships are available to those with previous pottery experience. Membership includes a storage shelf, use of pottery facilities, equipment, glaze materials, and firing for projects created in the studio. Complete studio hours are posted in the Firehall Pottery Studio. Clay costs are additional for adult courses and memberships. OSCA also offers adult pottery courses ranging from wheel-throwing to hand-building that are guided by our experienced instructors.
We hope to be able to open the pottery studio in the Fall. We will reach out to all past pottery studio members and update this page with further details as soon as we can reopen the studio safely.
Registration Information & Policies
In order to register for our programs, you must first have an Amilia account. For help setting up an account check out this short guide.
- Online registration payment can be made by credit card.
- In-person registration payment can be made by contactless debit or credit card.
- Adult Programs include 13% HST in the price.
Program dates are listed above each course outline. Please note the dates when you register, as we do not contact participants prior to the start of classes. If you are a fitness pass-holder you can drop into any of our available fitness classes up to one month in advance. Indoor spaces are first come first serve.
Allergies & Health Concerns
Please help us reduce the risk to participants with life-threatening allergies to nuts. Our programs are nut-free!
On occasion, classes are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (sick instructor, inclement weather etc). We try to make up these classes, but it is not always possible for us to do so. Credits will be issued when classes are not made up. If we a virtual option for you we will do out best to offer a pre-recorded class or similar virtual class to make up for anything missed.
Questions? See our registration help and FAQs.