OSCA’s Child Care programs include supervised walkover to/from Hopewell Public School, games, crafts, trips to the park, and special workshops. All activities will be adapted to meet social distancing requirements & follow OPH guidelines. Children love to be outside, and so do we. We strive to utilize outdoor spaces as much as possible. Our staff are committed to building a positive rapport with each child and making every day a fun experience. For more details about how we run our program, please see the After-4 Parent Handbook here.
Each day, we will choose between various activities that may include active games and sports, crafts, cooking, science experiments, reading, and more!
- Location: The Firehall (260 Sunnyside Ave.)
- Monday - Friday
- Breakfast Club: 7:30 am - 9:00 am
- After-4: 3:30 pm- 5:30 pm
- September 2021 to June 2022
- The program runs every day your child has school. On PD Days, snow days, and holidays the program does not run (we will have PD Day Programs and Winter/March Break Camps).
Health & Safety Precautions
- We meet or exceed OPH staff-to-child ratios.
- JK/SK 1:5
- Gr. 1-6 1:8
- These ratios may change as OPH rules and guidelines relax.
- Each group will have their own designated space with enhanced cleaning protocols.
- Children will be given a space to enjoy their snacks (at this time, snacks must be provided from home).
- Each day parents are responsible for completing a digital pre-health check before the start of the program. Upon arrival to the program, children will complete a health screening with staff before entering the program.
- Families will be informed of any changes to OPH rules and guidelines.
We offer a walk-over service to/from Hopewell Public School. Each morning we walk over the Breakfast Club children to Hopewell. At the end of the school day, our After-4 counsellors pick up the children at Hopewell. Parents are responsible for arranging After-4 pick-up with Hopewell.
What if my child does not attend Hopewell?
We accept children from other schools. The sign-in/out process does change. Parents are responsible for arranging transportation or drop-off.
Sign-in & Sign-out
Pick-up and drop-off will take place outside only. Participants will only be released to those who are authorized for pick up on their waiver. Children who are ready to walk home on their own may do so at a predetermined time with written parental consent, by either a note or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Breakfast Club & After-4 Counsellors
OSCA’s management and counsellors are dedicated to providing a fun and safe environment. Many of our staff have participated in our childcare program as children, volunteered in the program and are now passionate about their opportunity to give back to the Firehall.
All staff and volunteers are required to obtain the following qualifications: valid Standard First Aid Level C; Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation training, Worker Health & Safety Training, and a vulnerable sector Police Records Check. Counsellors receive ongoing training in many areas such as dynamic and age-specific programming, health & safety policies, special needs, behaviour management, and much more!
Breakfast Club & After-4 Fees and Payment Policies
Registration Fee: $50
Monthly Fee: $200
Registration Fee: $75
Monthly Fee: $300
The registration fee(s) is due at the time of registration. This fee is non-refundable. The monthly fees are due on the first of each month - your credit card on file processes the fees. During the registration process, you will set up your payment information.