OSCA’s After-School Program, After-4, includes supervised walkover from Hopewell Public School, games, crafts, trips to the park, and special workshops. All activities will be adapted to meet social distancing requirements. Coordinators and staff have been working with our Operations Committee to meet the growing needs of the community and help provide age-appropriate programming in these difficult times. Our dedicated staff are committed to building a positive rapport with every child. For more details about how we run our program, please see the After-4 Parent Handbook here.
Every day, we will choose between a variety of activities that may include active games and sports, crafts, cooking, science experiments, reading, and more! Our dynamic staff will make sure that your child has a great experience.
- Location: The Firehall (260 Sunnyside Ave.)
- Monday - Friday 3:30 pm- 5:30 pm (Except holidays and during Break Camps)
- April 2021 - June 2021
To register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Health & Safety Precautions
We want to share some of the key changes we've made to the way we will be operating After-4 in the Fall:
- Ratios of 1 staff member to 6 kids for kindergarten and a ratio of 1:8 for all other ages. Both ratios exceed those that are recommended. For comparison, the City of Ottawa ratios are 1:8 and 1:10, respectively.
- Senior staff - coordinators and the Executive Director - will all be working in After-4 providing additional support and oversight.
- Each group will have their own separate space, separate entrance, separate storage, and separate washroom. In other words, cohorts and staff will never interact with each other or share space.
- Increased cleaning protocols.
- Groups will be formed based on existing school and/or family cohorts.
- Increased at-home programming options with video-on-demand for those who may miss a day.
- Supplemental programming in case of forced closure.
We offer a walk-over service from Hopewell Public School to the Firehall.
Pick-up will take place between 5:15 and 5:30 pm outside only. Participants will only be released to those who are authorized for pick up on their waiver. Children who are ready to walk home on their own may do so at a predetermined time with written parental consent, by either a note or by email to email@example.com
OSCA’s After-4 coordinators and counsellors are dedicated to providing a fun and safe after-school environment for every child in a socially distanced environment. Many of our staff have participated in the After-4 program as children, volunteered in the program and are now passionate about their opportunity to give back to the Firehall.
Each staff member is required to obtain the following qualifications: valid Standard Level First Aid, Level C CPR and AED certification; Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation training; Worker Health & Safety Training; and a vulnerable sector Police Records Check. OSCA After-4 staff also receive training on a monthly basis in many areas such as dynamic and age-specific programming, health & safety policies, special needs, behaviour management, and much more!
After-4 Fees and Payment Policies
Monthly Fee: $295
Upon registration, OSCA requires the first month's fee to be paid. Your credit card will be set up for monthly payments made on the first of each month.