OC Transpo has enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures to protect the health and safety of staff and customers. Since March 16th, cleaning on buses has been stepped up to include daily wipe downs with antiviral disinfectant in common touch points. Additional measures and recommendations are:
Do not use the transit if
- you have a fever and/or new onset of cough or difficulty breathing
- you have been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19
While you are riding the bus:
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hand
- Avoid any aspiration of droplets that may contain the virus.
- Practice social distancing to the extent possible
The general recommendation is to avoid touching your face-eyes, nose, mouth. Use proper hand washing after every commute, (if on the bus, use alcohol-based sanitizer as a stop-gap measure).
Rear door boarding for buses:
- Only passengers with accessibility needs are allowed to board buses through the front door, all other passengers must board through the rear doors.
- No change for fares, or paper transfers, will be accepted, and Presto cards may not work on some bus models, however, passengers will be allowed to board.